Friday, April 10, 2009

Dallas Zoo


Yesterday we joined some other homeschoolers at the Dallas Zoo. We didn't see much (just the children's section), but we bought a discounted season pass so we can go back anytime. We found that 4 is a lot of children in Texas- the other families only had one or two kids and usually one was a teen and one about 10. I guess we'll have to keep searching for younger families. The Dallas Zoo was beautiful. I'm loving the trees and flowers. In the morning it was rainy and windy and cold so I had everyone put on pants, shoes, socks, and jackets- by lunch it was hot and the kids were getting into the water fully clothed.
After the zoo we stopped at the closest Costco and once again found that 4 is a lot of kids here- I received a bunch of comments. My favorite was an older gentleman who said, "Wow you've got four children, God bless you." I almost said, "He already has." But I just smiled. I also found that people don't purchase much at Costco here. I finished gathering my groceries- which compared to most trips was rather conservative considering we will only be here 12 more weeks- and had three separate people comment on how much I was buying- maybe it was the 4 kids I was toting along :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great name for a blog. I like it.

--
Steven Montgomery

richelle said...

So Brooke wanted to know what Lauren was doing in the picture...hiding or pretending to be a kangaroo?

arnellfam said...

I'm so glad you are doing this blog Cindy! We sure miss you guys but it looks like you are settling right in! Enjoy all those trees and flowers and birds (cry cry!) ~L

Alysia said...

I have heard the Fort Worth zoo is really great too. We will be lucky to have two great zoos to visit after not being anywhere close to one!