Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011


I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I don't love this holiday.  Typically I am okay with one Halloweenish event, but some how we end up with a co-op activity, a ward trunk or treat, a couple of friend parties, and then of course trick or treating.  In the past I've managed to combine or eliminate some of these events and it's good. This year my kids were not having any of it.  They insisted on going trick or treating, and because we haven't really trick or treated for years- and maybe never if your definition of trick or treating is more than just every kid choosing one house to visit :).  This year I let them go up the street and back down.  They all agreed it wasn't all that great and I think we agreed that once in a lifetime is about all they need and now we will find another option each year.

That doesn't mean we won't dress up and participate in a Halloween party or two, but the less candy we bring into our home the better.  So here they are the photos to prove that I actually let the kids go trick or treating.

No comments: