Saturday, September 10, 2011

Daddy Daughter sock hop

It's Lauren's last year in Activity Days, and so it is her last year to attend the Stake Daddy Daughter Dance. This year it was a sock hop theme.  I actually got crafty enough to sew her a poodle skirt- wonders never cease.
The invitations and place mats were made from old records- I had to explain to the girls what records were and how they worked.  I guess that means they truly are "antiques" now, sad that I remember using records as  little girl- I guess that puts me in the antique category too.
Everything was decorated like a 50's diner and they had hamburgers for dinner.  The girls made cute picture frames and after dinner they had a bubble gum blowing contest and hula hooping contest.  Each person brought home a glass mug with the year and sock hop engraved, as well as a commemorative picture of the girl and her father for their frames.

No comments: